- - Pine or cedar logs, pre-soaked, various thickness, 241mm high
- - Dovetail corners
- - Tongued and grooved logs with drip edge, squared or "D" shaped profile
- - Sloped contour weather-proofing
- 1 x 2 inch furring strips for membrane
- - Weather barrier membrane (breathable)
- - 2 x 6 stud wall framing
- - Fiberglass insulation (R-20)
- - Non-breathable vapour barrier
- - Shiplapped interior siding finish material
ASSEMBLY ORDER: 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
The wall framing and fiberglass insulation can be replaced by optional pre-insulated, pre-fabricated panels.
In the super-insulated version, the logs are not bearing. The bearing structure is the wall framing. This allow for a stable structure, unaffected by shrinkage.
You have a choice of having your LogTec Home constructed in either the square log, or the new, rounded D-profile logs (as seen below). Both use dovetail interlocking corners. D- profile logs are also available in 114 mm (5 inches).